Overview / Responsibilities :
Wood is currently looking for a Lead Project Engineer jobs in Dubai to strengthen our team in Dubai. This is a home office position.
- This is a Home Office position based jobs in Dubai.Normal working time will be 48 hours / 5 days per week
- The contract is to provide engineering and procurement services, for gas processing in the southern area of Iraq
- The work may consist of Conceptual study, FEED, and detailed engineering and procurement for various brownfield projects in southern Iraq to capture the flared gas and process. Consists of upstream gas gathering (dehydration and compression), gas processing (NGL and LPG trains), LPG refrigeration, storage and jetty offloading and pipelines
- Reporting to a Project Manager, the candidate will be support the efficient execution of the projects to ensure that it is delivered within schedule, cost, and in accordance with the project quality and HSE standards
- To lead and manage the project engineering team
- To have single-point responsibility for all deliverables and ensure. That they conform to all applicable engineering codes.
- To ensure that our own actions plus those of the project team are conducted in accordance with the HSE management system.
- To ensure the efficient delivery of the project within schedule, cost, and quality standards
- To manage the project risks and responsibility for related actions and close out of such
- To manage change control within the appointed projects
- To ensure the application of effective business controls throughout the project and in accordance with stated requirements. Controls will apply to all HSE, commercial, financial, quality, integrity, and schedule issues
- To prepare individual project reports, interface definition and management, plus liaison with Client project managers
Your Role and Responsibilities The Lead Project Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and optimizing complex software for large-scale, mission-critical projects. You will work closely with your team to build and scale software systems that deliver high-quality customer experiences. You will be responsible for managing your project’s technical direction, technical debt, and technical risks.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Project Manager or a Lead Project. Engineer within the oil and gas sector on single projects or a portfolio
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in design, construction, and general project engineering in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project cost control and planning systems jobs in dubai
- Minimum of 8 years proven capability in an EPC type company
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment. Helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, and projects. Employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration. For employment on the basis of objective. (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation. Gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.