Provide account management service to the nominated business units ensuring that best practice sourcing and procurement strategies are adopted to achieve the lowest cost of ownership Jobs In Dubai and that agreed service levels are achieved. We are currently looking for subject matter experts in sourcing and developing products used to deliver the airlines’ inflight customer experience.
Job Responsibilities: –
Provide support to the Vice President, Procurement & Logistics (Services) and/or Manager Procurement & Logistics, by developing and implementing compelling category management strategies that delivers on business unit’s requirements at lowest total cost of ownership for acquisition of capital, goods or service items.
– Develop tender documents and lead cross-functional teams to produce detailed specifications-where appropriate in conjunction with Legal and other departments, and subsequently implement a sourcing strategy to obtain competitive quotes.
– Negotiate contract service levels, supply chain processes, prices, terms and conditions to ensure best contractual, commercial and operational position is attained for the Company.
– Maintain frequent and close collaboration with business units to ensure P&L and business unit goals complement each other and business. The successful development of relationships at the SVP, VP & Grade 10 levels is crucial to ensure efficient and effective supplier selection.
– Proactively research, identify, drive and seek approval to implement initiatives that would reduce cost, enhance the product/service quality, identify new supply markets and reduce the product/supply chain’s adverse impact on the environment, wherever possible.
– Establish strong collaborative sourcing processes; defining business needs, market analysis, sourcing plan, and strategy, market testing, detailed documentation & specifications, tendering, bid & tender assessment and evaluation, contract award & implementation, contract performance & improvement, supplier relationship management, and relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, as per company standards/policies to strategically contract, develop, implement and optimize for correct and timely delivery of products and services.
– Benchmark performance of the sections against available statistics/indicators (internal and external) and identify areas for improvement. This will include knowledge of technical advances, market developments, and other relevant changes in the supply market.
– Independently decide on and authorize supply orders and contracts for values up to AED 100,000. Where contract values exceed this financial limit, analyze and prepare reports & recommendations for review & approval at Manager P&L, VP & SVP level, as necessary.
– Manage and provide guidance to a team of subject matter experts to provide a full-service procurement function within agreed service levels to Customer Departments. – Critically evaluate reports generated by reporting staff to assess the performance of their respective sections and take corrective action where required.
Qualifications & Experience:
– Professional Diploma in Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS), – A degree in Business Administration or Finance would be an advantage.
– 8 plus years of experience in Procurement operations, Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management.
– Previous experience and knowledge of sourcing products and services used to deliver the inflight customer experience. Knowledge/Skills:
– Collaboration, diplomacy, and tact are central as the role entails engaging, and representing. And motivating a variety of stakeholders sometimes with divergent perspectives, objectives, and interests. It involves finding common grounds between multiple stakeholders. And finding creative ways to gain alignment such that all parties can succeed.
– The job holder must have a proven track record of analytical decision-making, be a good negotiator with strong commercial acumen.
To do so effectively, the job holder must have strong interpersonal skills. Experience, and confidence to adequately deal with senior personnel
– A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn are essential in this role. The successful candidate must possess strong project management, communication and presentation skills.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Funds. At a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66.
Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages. Accommodation, power, and water are paid for, along with transport benefits. Life insurance and other employee benefits make the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website.
Job Location: Dubai